- English Language Arts (ELA) Curriculum Review: The Crane Elementary School District is planning on adopting a new English Language Arts (ELA) curriculum and we'd like input from our educational stakeholders. The following materials are on display for community review in the Professional Development Center (PDC) located at 930 S. Avenue C, Yuma, Arizona.
For Elementary Consideration:
Houghton Mifflin-Harcourt- K-6 Into Reading
McGraw Hill – K-5 Wonders, 6 Study Sync
LearnZillion – K-6 (Not on display, current materials being used this school year)
For 7-8 Consideration:
Houghton Mifflin-Harcourt- K-6 Into Reading, 7-8 Into Literature
McGraw Hill – K-5 Wonders, 7-8 Study Sync
SAAVAS Learning – 7-8 Perceptions
Materials will be on display at the PDC in the training room from 8 a.m. -4 p.m. If a parent is interested in viewing the materials, they can schedule an appointment with Victoria Olea by calling 928-373-3404 or emailing her at [email protected] .
The materials must be displayed for 60 days. The final decision will go to the board at the May Governing Board Meeting.
- The Crane Mitigation Plan is available online at www.craneschools.org and on every Crane school webpage. Updates to the plan will be notated on page 1 of the Mitigation Plan.
- We will keep you updated as to any change in state law, case transmission trends, and guidance and recommendations provided by local, state, and federal health professionals, as well as decisions made by our district administrative team. We appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
- The Crane Mitigation Plan is available in English and Spanish
- No new updates.
- REPORT CARDS: Available Monday, March 21, 2022
- PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCES
- March 22 - 25, 2022
- Early Release Days during Conferences
- Please check with your school for the conference schedule.
- SPRING INTERSESSION
- March 28 - April 8
- No School.
- SAFETY REMINDER: Please help us keep our learning community safe and healthy.
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer regularly.
- Clean and disinfect commonly used areas and surfaces.
- Stay home when sick. If a student is at school and not feeling well, please have them let a teacher know that they feel ill.
- We highly encourage the use of face masks when indoors.
- Symptoms to watch out for:
Have a wonderful weekend!
FOLLOW US! Want to keep up-to-date on Crane News? We're on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and our Website!