Happy Friday Crane Family,
We hope you had a great week. Here are the updates for the past two weeks.
- The Crane Mitigation Plan is available online at www.craneschools.org and on every Crane school webpage. Updates to the plan will be notated on page 1 of the Mitigation Plan.
- We will keep you updated as to any change in state law, case transmission trends, and guidance and recommendations provided by local, state, and federal health professionals, as well as decisions made by our district administrative team. We appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
- The Crane Mitigation Plan is available in English and Spanish
- NOTICE REGARDING AGENDA ITEM: HEALTH PROGRAM FOR 8th GRADERS: Recent legislation provides parents with an opportunity to participate in, review, and provide input on any proposed sex education course of study before it is adopted by a school board. In addition, for any adopted sex education program this bill requires that parents wishing to allow their children the opportunity to participate would need to opt-in to the program by providing written permission to receive any instruction, learning materials or presentations in a program related to sexuality. Under previous law, parents were only able to opt-out of this type of instruction.
- Please visit the following link to learn more about the proposed curriculum administered by the Yuma County Health Department: LINK
- September 14, 2021, at 5:00 pm - Governing Board Meeting where the proposed program will be an agenda item.
- Mid-Term Report Cards: Available on Monday, August 30, 2021
- NON-SCHOOL DAYS:
- Friday, September 3, 2021: District-Wide Professional Development Day
- Monday, September 6, 2021: Labor Day (Holiday)
- SAFETY REMINDER: Please help us keep our learning community safe and healthy.
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer regularly.
- Clean and disinfect commonly used areas and surfaces.
- Stay home when sick. If a student is at school and not feeling well, please have them let a teacher know that they feel ill.
- We highly encourage the use of face masks when indoors.
- Symptoms to watch out for:
- Yuma Regional Medical Center (YRMC) Vaccine Insights: LINK
Have a wonderful weekend!
Want to keep up-to-date on Crane News? Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and our Website!