Happy Friday Crane Family,
We hope you had a great week. Here are the updates for the past two weeks.
- The Crane Mitigation Plan has been revised and is available online at www.craneschools.org and on every Crane school webpage. Updates to the plan will be notated on page 1 of the Mitigation Plan.
- We will keep you updated as to any change in state law, case transmission trends, and guidance and recommendations provided by local, state, and federal health professionals, as well as decisions made by our district administrative team. We appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
- The Crane Mitigation Plan is available in English and Spanish
- NOTICE REGARDING AGENDA ITEM: HEALTH PROGRAM FOR 8th GRADERS: Recent legislation provides parents with an opportunity to participate in, review, and provide input on any proposed sex education course of study before it is adopted by a school board. In addition, for any adopted sex education program this bill requires that parents wishing to allow their children the opportunity to participate would need to opt-in to the program by providing written permission to receive any instruction, learning materials or presentations in a program related to sexuality. Under previous law, parents were only able to opt-out of this type of instruction.
- Please read Superintendent Doering's letter for more details on the proposed program administered by the Yuma County Health Department. Click here to read the letter: LINK
- August 24, 2021, at 5:30 pm - Parent Informational Meeting held at Centennial Middle School. Parents are invited to join a question-and-answer session and speak to the Health District team leading the program.
- The Yuma County Public Health Services District is providing vaccines for children (12 and older) and adults (18 and older) throughout the month of August. For more information about what you will need to bring or questions, please call (928) 317-4550.
- Monday - Thursday
- 8:30 - 11:30 a.m., AND 1:00 - 3:30 p.m.
- Walk-ins welcome.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Want to keep up-to-date on Crane News? Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and our Website!